Wednesday 28 March 2012

Innsbruck 1977




(All 31.1.1977)

These are some very cold shots taken in Innsbruck on my first winter Interrail ticket. I'd done a summer trip but winter was better in a way because the trains were quieter and I could usually get a good night's sleep!

I followed one of the tram routes out to the edge of the city - it was seriously cold! Then followed it back to the station and travelled on to Vienna.

I returned to Innsbruck a couple of years ago and it's a fantastic city, possibly my favourite in Europe. But these dull black and white pictures really don't capture it at all - or perhaps it really was more monochrome back then - Austria was still a poor country. It even had steam trains and four wheel coaches on the railways in 1977!

No comments:

Post a Comment